DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat bypolls: Cong, BJP ahead with one seat each
Results of by-elections in seven assembly seats will be announced.
Ahmedabad: Counting has begun for the seven Assembly by-elections for which polling was held on September 10 in the state.
Initial trends have come from two segments, Dhoraji where Congress candidate Jayesh Radadia is ahead by 1000 votes than his rival BJP candidate Jaisukh Thesia.
In Jasdan, BJP candidate Bharat Boghra is ahead by 789 votes than Congress candidate Bhavna Bavalia. Both these seats were held by Congress earlier.
The seven seats where by-poll was held are Dehgam, Danta and Sami in North Gujarat and Chotila, Jasdan, Dhoraji and Kodinar in Saurashtra.
Of these seven seats, Congress held six seats while remaining Kodinar was held by BJP.
The by-polls are being held in the backdrop of poor show by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP also lost Junagadh Municipal Corporation elections to Congress.
Modi had not campaigned for the party in the by-polls which are considered to be a test for his popularity in the state
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users