BJP desperate to mend ways with Shiv Sena, Modi speaks to Uddhav Thackeray
Not all has been well between the BJP and Shiv Sena ever since the meeting between Gadkari and Raj Thackeray.
Mumbai: With the skirmishes between BJP and its ally Shiv Sena refusing to settle down, NDA's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi stepped in and spoke to Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray over the phone on Tuesday evening.
It is being reported that the two discussed alliance in Maharashtra. This comes on a day when Uddhav Thackeray had launched a strong attack on the BJP asking it to clear the stand on Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
Meanwhile, BJP's Maharashtra in-charge Rajiv Pratap Rudy too met Uddhav and assured that all was well between the allies. Rudy said that the BJP and Shiv Sena would work together to make Narendra Modi the next PM.
The Shiv Sena has strongly opposed BJP's move to warm up with MNS ahead of polls. BJP leader Nitin Gadkari meeting with MNS chief Raj Thackeray last month had left Shiv Sena very upset. The Shiv Sena had warned the BJP saying that any talks with the MNS will affect the BJP-Sena alliance.
Maharashtra BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis had earlier in the day told reporters that all was well between the two parties. "I met Uddhavji at Matoshree. I conveyed to him that the Sena was a natural and trusted ally of the BJP," Maharashtra BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis had said.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance