Modi to address FICCI's women's wing meet today
Modi' appointment with FICCI comes close on the heels of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi's address to another industry body, CII.
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will address the annual general body meeting of the ladies' wing of industry lobby Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) on Monday. Modi will speak on the topic "Unleash the entrepreneur within; exploring new avenues", a FICCI official said.
The Gujarat Chief Minister's appointment with FICCI comes close on the heels of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi's address to another industry body, CII. Gandhi and Modi are both seen as prime ministerial candidates from their respective parties, the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party.
FICCI on Saturday changed the venue of Modi's address to its women's wing in order to accommodate more audience. Modi is scheduled to address the women April 8 on the topic "Unleash the entrepreneur within: Exploring new avenues".
The programme was earlier arranged at the FICCI auditorium where seating capacity was only 200-300. But after pressure from a number of dignitaries and different women organisations, the industry body changed the venue to Le Meridien Hotel so as to adequately accommodate a larger audience, officials said. Modi would address an interactive session with members of three chambers of commerce of Kolkata on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System