DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi to interact with ambassadors of Latin America, Caribbean
In January, Modi had lunch with the ambassadors of the European Union at the residence of German envoy to India Michael Steiner.
New Delhi: Months after ambassadors of the European Union met him, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will have interaction with 20 ambassadors of Latin America and Caribbean in New Delhi on Wednesday.
The Chief Minister will meet ambassadors of these countries in the afternoon, sources said. In January, Modi had lunch with the ambassadors of the European Union at the residence of German envoy to India Michael Steiner.
This meeting of the EU ambassadors with Modi was seen as the end of his boycott by these countries. British High Commissioner Sir James Bevan had met Modi in Gandhinagar last year.
In March 2002, EU ambassadors had resolved to break diplomatic contact with the Modi government at the levels of ambassador, deputy chief of mission and consul-general. A review in 2008 had decided to extend the freeze.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh