Modi to interact with ambassadors of Latin America, Caribbean
In January, Modi had lunch with the ambassadors of the European Union at the residence of German envoy to India Michael Steiner.
New Delhi: Months after ambassadors of the European Union met him, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will have interaction with 20 ambassadors of Latin America and Caribbean in New Delhi on Wednesday.
The Chief Minister will meet ambassadors of these countries in the afternoon, sources said. In January, Modi had lunch with the ambassadors of the European Union at the residence of German envoy to India Michael Steiner.
This meeting of the EU ambassadors with Modi was seen as the end of his boycott by these countries. British High Commissioner Sir James Bevan had met Modi in Gandhinagar last year.
In March 2002, EU ambassadors had resolved to break diplomatic contact with the Modi government at the levels of ambassador, deputy chief of mission and consul-general. A review in 2008 had decided to extend the freeze.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18