There are many PM candidates in BJP, says Naqvi
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the BJP was very fortunate to have many eligible candidates for the post of prime minister.
New Delhi: By openly endorsing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's name for the post of the prime minister, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Sushma Swaraj has revived the debate of who will be the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP in the next Lok Sabha elections.
A day after Sushma said that Modi was fit to be the prime minister, party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in the BJP there were many leaders who were eligible candidates for the post. "BJP is fortunate to have many eligible candidates for the post of prime minister. The party will decided who will be when the time comes," said Naqvi.
During a campaign rally for the Gujarat Assembly elections in Vadodara, Sushma had said: "There are no two views on Modi being a competent candidate for PM's post. Modi has done great work in Gujarat." This was the first time that Sushma had openly backed Modi as a prime ministerial candidate. So far, she was herself seen as a possible contendor for the post.
Modi also on Saturday said that the Gujarat Assembly elections would change the course of politics at the Centre. "Gujarat Assembly polls will change the course of politics at the Centre. The Congress has only done vote-bank politics. Gujarat elections will provide a new direction to the entire country," Modi said.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 1 in Abu Dhabi