DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi will never become PM: Swami Agnivesh
Swami Agnivesh said Narendra Modi's Sadbhavna fast mission for promoting the communal harmony was a drama and a stunt.
Vadodara: Social activist Swami Agnivesh on Thursday said in Vadodara that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would never become the Prime Minister of the country because of his "mishandling of 2002 Godhra riots".
"Modi can never become PM because of his role in the riots," he said, addressing a press conference ion Vadodara.
"Modi's Sadbhavna fast mission for promoting the communal harmony was a drama and a stunt," Agnivesh added.
He also dismissed the claim that Gujarat had become model state for its industrial development, seeking to know how many people had been displaced in the process.
Agnivesh welcomed the initiative of BJP MLA Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria to form a third front to champion farmers' cause in coming Assembly elections.
Agnivesh also demanded an apology from the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the death of 19 "innocent people" in the encounter in Chhattisgarh on June 29.
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram should be sacked over the incident, he said.
Talking about Anna Hazare, he said Team Anna had deviated from its mission, and its planned agitation from July 25 would not have any impact.
He said a third front was necessary as both UPA and NDA were failures.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere