DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi's fan-following on Twitter touches 1 million mark
The BJP's media adviser said it was proof that the Gujarat CM's development agenda was being endorsed across the globe.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi now has one million 'followers' on Twitter. About a year ago, in November 2011, Modi had four lakh followers. He added six lakh followers since then, to touch the million mark on Tuesday.
Thanking his followers, the Internet-savvy Gujarat chief minister tweeted today: "A million followers! These are not mere numbers but it signifies your love and affection. Heartfelt thanks to you all."
BJP's media adviser Jagdish Bhavsar said that "Modi's development agenda is being endorsed across the country and world-over. And that is showing in his fan following." Modi started using Twitter in 2009. In 2010, he had one lakh followers. He also has a blog, and updates it regularly.
He often uses the two social platforms, Twitter and blog, to make political statements. This September, he started a state-wide 'Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra', a campaign tour, seeking a third term in Gujarat, which is going to elections on December 13 and 17.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?