Modi's fan-following on Twitter touches 1 million mark
The BJP's media adviser said it was proof that the Gujarat CM's development agenda was being endorsed across the globe.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi now has one million 'followers' on Twitter. About a year ago, in November 2011, Modi had four lakh followers. He added six lakh followers since then, to touch the million mark on Tuesday.
Thanking his followers, the Internet-savvy Gujarat chief minister tweeted today: "A million followers! These are not mere numbers but it signifies your love and affection. Heartfelt thanks to you all."
BJP's media adviser Jagdish Bhavsar said that "Modi's development agenda is being endorsed across the country and world-over. And that is showing in his fan following." Modi started using Twitter in 2009. In 2010, he had one lakh followers. He also has a blog, and updates it regularly.
He often uses the two social platforms, Twitter and blog, to make political statements. This September, he started a state-wide 'Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra', a campaign tour, seeking a third term in Gujarat, which is going to elections on December 13 and 17.
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today