Modi's like Vajpayee minus secular credentials: Sangma
Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma called Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi a good administrator.
Nagpur: Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma on Tuesday drew comparisons between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, saying that the BJP strongman is a good administrator but lacks secular credentials unlike the former prime minister.
"Modi has tremendous capacities and will power to transform. He is a good administrator but the only drawback is his non-secular credentials," he said.
"His qualities resemble (Atal Bihari) Vajpayee. He has proved his abilities in Gujarat but when it comes to leading the nation, if at all BJP-led NDA comes to power in 2014, it will be a great challenge for him, he will be more concerned about good governance," Sangma said.
On 2002 Godhra riots haunting Modi, Sangma said, "When country can forget the demolition of Babri Masjid, people will also forget the Godhra riots. India has enormous capacity to absorb crises," he said on the Babri issue.
Sangma also ruled out early elections. On the post-election scenario, he said the prospects of the Federal Front mooted by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were dim.
There are several like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Lalu Yadav and others to lead and therefore it will be a mess, he felt.
On BJP-JD(U)'s severed ties, Sangma said the latter will be the sufferer in the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans