DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi's past actions cannot be forgotten: Karuna
Karunanidhi's comments came after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa extended her support to Modi's fast.
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday took a swipe at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's three-day fast, saying while he agreed with the BJP leader's stand on communal harmony his "past actions" cannot be forgotten.
"I agree with Modi's stand on communal harmony. At the same time, Modi's actions in the past cannot be forgotten," he said here in a statement in an apparent reference to the charge that Modi did not take appropriate action to control the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Modi has been on a fast since Saturday for peace and communal harmony in Gujarat.
Karunanidhi's comments came two days after his arch-rival and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa extended her support to Modi's fast and deputed two AIADMK leaders to felicitate him.
Explaining his recent remarks about "political intention," behind the "delay" in the 2G investigations, in which his daughter Kanimozhi and former telecom minister A Raja have been arrested, the DMK chief said, "The doubts are not whether they are against the DMK. But, I was referring to the court not willing to grant even bail."
He also said a CBI inquiry should be ordered into the Paramakudi firing incident, in which seven persons were killed, if all the parties supported the move.
Recommended For You
- KPS Gill Was India's Finest Hockey Administrator: Former Hockey Greats
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs