DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Mohanty, wife granted bail in dowry case
Mohanty's daughter-in-law had filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
Bhubaneswar: Former state law minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife have been granted bail by a court in Baleshwar, Odisha. The duo was arrested in Kolkata on charges of dowry on Saturday.
Mohanty's daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband. While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said. Subhendu's mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty's daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws' house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet