Odisha: Mohanty, wife granted bail in dowry case
Mohanty's daughter-in-law had filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
Bhubaneswar: Former state law minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife have been granted bail by a court in Baleshwar, Odisha. The duo was arrested in Kolkata on charges of dowry on Saturday.
Mohanty's daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband. While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said. Subhendu's mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty's daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws' house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC