Odisha: Mohanty, wife granted bail in dowry case
Mohanty's daughter-in-law had filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
Bhubaneswar: Former state law minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife have been granted bail by a court in Baleshwar, Odisha. The duo was arrested in Kolkata on charges of dowry on Saturday.
Mohanty's daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband. While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said. Subhendu's mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty's daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws' house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Rock On 2: Meet The Band Members of The Magik
From Our Network
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18