Odisha: Mohanty, wife granted bail in dowry case
Mohanty's daughter-in-law had filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
Bhubaneswar: Former state law minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife have been granted bail by a court in Baleshwar, Odisha. The duo was arrested in Kolkata on charges of dowry on Saturday.
Mohanty's daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband. While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said. Subhendu's mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty's daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws' house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines