Mohanty's daughter, son-in-law get anticipatory bails
Mohanty, his wife Pritilata and son Raja Shree had been arrested and sent to jail in the case, Rupasree and Suvendu were on the run.
Bhubaneswar: Orissa High Court on Monday granted anticipatory bails to ex-minister Raghunath Mohanty's daughter Rupasree and son-in-law Suvendu Madhual in the high-profile Barsa Swony Choudhury dowry torture case.
Justice SC Parija directed Rupasree and Madhual to present themselves before the investigating officer of Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) of Odisha police. The two were on the run since Barsa, daughter in-law of Mohanty, lodged an FIR against her husband and four of her in-laws including the ex-minister on March 14, 2013, accusing them of torturing her physically and mentally for dowry.
Though Mohanty, his wife Pritilata and son Raja Shree had been arrested and sent to jail in the case, Rupasree and Suvendu were on the run. Raghunath, Pritilata and Raja Shree have, meanwhile, been released on bail.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Cricketer Mohammad Kaif Slams Media House For Confusing Him With Sharpshooter
- Judge, Who Sentenced Shahabuddin to Life Term, Transferred