Mohanty's daughter, son-in-law get anticipatory bails
Mohanty, his wife Pritilata and son Raja Shree had been arrested and sent to jail in the case, Rupasree and Suvendu were on the run.
Bhubaneswar: Orissa High Court on Monday granted anticipatory bails to ex-minister Raghunath Mohanty's daughter Rupasree and son-in-law Suvendu Madhual in the high-profile Barsa Swony Choudhury dowry torture case.
Justice SC Parija directed Rupasree and Madhual to present themselves before the investigating officer of Human Rights Protection Cell (HRPC) of Odisha police. The two were on the run since Barsa, daughter in-law of Mohanty, lodged an FIR against her husband and four of her in-laws including the ex-minister on March 14, 2013, accusing them of torturing her physically and mentally for dowry.
Though Mohanty, his wife Pritilata and son Raja Shree had been arrested and sent to jail in the case, Rupasree and Suvendu were on the run. Raghunath, Pritilata and Raja Shree have, meanwhile, been released on bail.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion