MP Assembly gets half day for Indo-Pak match
Office-goers in the rest of the country would envy the Madhya Pradesh legislators.
Bhopal: Office-goers in the rest of the country would envy the Madhya Pradesh legislators.
For, they have got a half-day on March 30, when India will play Pakistan in the semifinal of the ICC World Cup. Not only that, but MLAs would get to watch the match on a mega-screen.
Soon after proceedings started on Monday, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Narottam Mishra told the Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani that entire nation would be watching the match.
"Because of this, we wish that the post-lunch session of the Assembly should not be held on Wednesday to allow members to see the crucial match," Mishra said.
Mishra was supported by the acting leader of the opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi; Arif Aqueel and Kalpana Parulekar of Congress said that the state government must make arrangements for members to go and watch the match in Mohali.
Rohani said this was impractical, but the post-lunch session need not be held that day.
The Speaker then also gave directions for putting up a mega-screen in the Assembly auditorium where members would be able to watch the much-awaited clash between arch-rivals.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless