DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Trinamool MP breaches security, crosses PM convoy
Security agencies are probing how Banerjee's car got close to the route.
New Delhi: A heated argument broke out between Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee and security personnel when he tried to cross the security cordon laid for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh near Parliament on Thursday.
Highly-placed security sources said that Banerjee was in his car and wanted to go to Parliament at the same time when the security cordon for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's convoy had already been laid.
The incident occurred at the Vijay Chowk around 1225 hrs IST.
Sources claimed that Banerjee argued that he was also an MP, so he should be allowed to cross the security cordon. But the security officials objected and a heated argument broke out between them.
"There was a minor argument between Kalyan Banerjee and the security personnel. But there was no security breach whatsoever," a senior official handling the Prime Minister's security told IANS.
The Prime Minister's security is exclusively handled by the elite Special Protection Group. All roads leading to the route the prime minister's convoy would take are closed for traffic half an hour before it passes.
Security agencies are probing how Banerjee's car even got close to the route.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Big B Reminisces 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony With an Adorable Pic
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users