Mukul Roy to reply to Rail Budget in Parliament
Mukul Roy is expected to roll back proposals for passenger fare hike in second and sleeper classes.
New Delhi: All eyes will be on Parliament on Thursday where newly elected Railway Minister Mukul Roy is set to take questions on the Rail Budget.
Facing a daunting task of managing railway finances, Roy is expected to roll back proposals for passenger fare hike in second and sleeper classes in the Rail Budget presented by his predecessor.
Railways is in the need of massive investment for modernisation of its infrastructure, a senior Railway Ministry official said.
"There is an urgent need for eliminating all unmanned level crossings and for installing train protection warning systems (TPWS) in major trunk routes to prevent accident," he said.
He was sworn in on Tuesday and replaced Dinesh Trivedi as the Railway Minister.
The budget was presented by Dinesh Trivedi who was forced to quit after pressure from his party Trinamool Congress over hike in passenger fares.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion