DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mukul Roy to reply to Rail Budget in Parliament
Mukul Roy is expected to roll back proposals for passenger fare hike in second and sleeper classes.
New Delhi: All eyes will be on Parliament on Thursday where newly elected Railway Minister Mukul Roy is set to take questions on the Rail Budget.
Facing a daunting task of managing railway finances, Roy is expected to roll back proposals for passenger fare hike in second and sleeper classes in the Rail Budget presented by his predecessor.
Railways is in the need of massive investment for modernisation of its infrastructure, a senior Railway Ministry official said.
"There is an urgent need for eliminating all unmanned level crossings and for installing train protection warning systems (TPWS) in major trunk routes to prevent accident," he said.
He was sworn in on Tuesday and replaced Dinesh Trivedi as the Railway Minister.
The budget was presented by Dinesh Trivedi who was forced to quit after pressure from his party Trinamool Congress over hike in passenger fares.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand