Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad
Asked to comment on the performance of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the minister refrained from speaking out against him.
Lucknow: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Monday attacked Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav's "prime ministerial ambitions", saying it would never happen.
Speaking on the sidelines of a function at Barabanki, 30 km from here, he said Mulayam Singh, his one-time-friend and colleague was "day dreaming" of clinching the prime minister's chair.
Reacting to the statement of Mulayam Singh last week when he had exhorted SP workers to work to get 60 seats in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Verma said: "This is never going to happen."
Asked to comment on the performance of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the minister refrained from speaking out against him saying he was "like a son" but put the blame of the "sorry state of governance" on his father Mulayam Singh.
"Mulayam Singh Yadav interferes in governance all the time, in such a situation how can a government function properly," he said.
Asked to comment on Verma's statements, SP leaders chose not to react and said the political standing of Verma had been exposed in the 2012 assembly polls when he claimed the Congress will storm to power.
The result, a senior SP leader said, was for all to see as Verma could not secure a single seat for Congress in his bastion.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video