Amar Singh quits as Samajwadi Party Gen Secy
Amar Singh has quit the Samajwadi Party on health grounds.
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh on Wednesday resigned as General Secretary of the party on health grounds and said he wanted to devote more time to his family. He also said he had no differences with SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and would never speak "a word" against him.
"I have resigned on health grounds. I have to devote more time towards my responsibilities to my family. There are no difference with (party chief) Mulayam Singh," Amar Singh, who is in Dubai, told a news channel.
"I am grateful to Mulayam Singh for the opportunities given and all my life I will not speak a word against him," he added.
Amar Singh, who had last year undergone a kidney transplant in Singapore, is likely to return from Dubai on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be