Mumbai MLA wants flyover named after Delhi braveheart
The Congress MLA from Vile Parle met Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and gave a letter to him in this regard.
Mumbai: After Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday favoured naming the revised anti-rape legislation after the 23-year-old Delhi braveheart, his party's MLA from Mumbai has demanded that the Milan subway flyover in the Maharashtra capital be named after her.
Congress MLA from Vile Parle, Krishna Hegde, met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday evening and suggested to him that the flyover be named after the Delhi braveheart.
The flyover will be completed in four months, he said. "In case the government discloses the actual name of the victim at a later stage, the flyover should be named accordingly," Hegde said.
"Nirbhaya (the victim) embodies the spirit of fearlessness," said Hegde in a letter to the Maharashtra Chief Minister.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner