DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
My family's wealth is legally acquired: Alagiri
DMK leader lashed out at a section of media for publishing 'false' reports about his family's wealth.
Chennai: Union Minister and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Sunday lashed out at a section of media for publishing 'false' reports about his family's wealth to tarnish his image and said he would initiate legal action against it.
In a statement, Alagiri, Madurai-based son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, said all the properties of his family members were legally acquired and had been accounted.
"All the properties acquired by my family members were bought through legal transactions and they have been properly accounted," he said.
He said some weekly magazines from Tamil Nadu had of late been carrying a series of 'false news' particularly about his wife and children and some other media also republished them.
"I consider this as a conspiracy to tarnish my reputation. I propose to take legal action against the weekly magazines and other media which published such defamatory false news against my family members, Alagiri, DMK South Zone Organising Secretary, said.
He appealed to the people not to believe such 'false news'.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users