Nagaland Home Minister resigns from Council of Ministers: Sources
Imchen was detained earlier after he was caught carrying carrying a cache of arms and ammunition and Rs 1.10 crore in cash in a vehicle.
Kohima: Nagaland Home Minister Imkong L Imchen has resigned from the Council of Ministers, sources said on Monday. Imchen was detained earlier after he was caught carrying carrying a cache of arms and ammunition and Rs 1.10 crore in cash in a vehicle. A case under the Arms Act has been filed against him and he has been arrested.
Imchen was going to his constituency Koridanga in Mokokchung district from Kohima when Assam Rifles personnel conducting search of vehicles near Wokha district found the arms and ammunition, liquor and cash. The Assam Rifles personnel handed him over to the district administration and police.
Imchen is the Nagaland People's Front (NPF) candidate from Koridanga and is also the NPF campaign in-charge of Mokokchung district. The NPF has put up 10-candidates in Mokokchung district.
On February 16, an Election Commission surveillance team had seized Rs one crore cash from a helicopter allegedly being used by a candidate of the Nagaland Peoples Front (NPF) in Nagaland.
A team of EC-appointed observers seized the cash from a chopper, which was allegedly hired to ferry Nyemli Phom, who is contesting the Assembly polls from a constituency in Longleng district.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks