Nagaland elections: Sonia Gandhi to campaign on Feb 7
The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Kohima: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will visit Nagaland on February 7 to campaign for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state. She will address two public meetings at Mokokchung and Dimapur districts respectively on February 7, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) General Secretary (Admn) Medokul Sophie said.
As part of the campaigning, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi will also address public rallies in Kohima, Mon and Tuensang districts tentatively on February 9 and 14, he said.
Other central leaders, including Sushil Kumar Shinde and AK Anthony, were also likely to address rallies in the state in the coming days, he said. The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Meanwhile, Naga Students' Federation (NSF), the apex students body in the state, said in a memorandum on February 6 that it looks forward for humanely answer for the interest of the Nagas and not in the interest of any political parties.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw