Nagaland elections: Sonia Gandhi to campaign on Feb 7
The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Kohima: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will visit Nagaland on February 7 to campaign for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state. She will address two public meetings at Mokokchung and Dimapur districts respectively on February 7, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) General Secretary (Admn) Medokul Sophie said.
As part of the campaigning, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi will also address public rallies in Kohima, Mon and Tuensang districts tentatively on February 9 and 14, he said.
Other central leaders, including Sushil Kumar Shinde and AK Anthony, were also likely to address rallies in the state in the coming days, he said. The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Meanwhile, Naga Students' Federation (NSF), the apex students body in the state, said in a memorandum on February 6 that it looks forward for humanely answer for the interest of the Nagas and not in the interest of any political parties.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China