DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nagaland Home Minister detained for carrying arms, cash
Imchen is the NPF candidate from Koridanga and is also the NPF campaign in-charge of Mokokchung district.
Kohima: Nagaland Home Minister Imkong L Imchen was detained on February 18 near Wokha district for allegedly carrying a cache of arms and ammunition and Rs 1.10 crore in cash in a vehicle, official sources said.
Imchen was going to his constituency Koridanga in Mokokchung district from Kohima when Assam Rifles personnel conducting search of vehicles near Wokha district found the arms and ammunition, liquor and cash, the sources said. The Assam Rifles personnel handed him over to the district administration and police.
Imchen is the Nagaland People's Front (NPF) candidate from Koridanga and is also the NPF campaign in-charge of Mokokchung district. The NPF has put up 10-candidates in Mokokchung district.
On February 16, an Election Commission surveillance team had seized Rs one crore cash from a helicopter allegedly being used by a candidate of the Nagaland Peoples Front (NPF) in Nagaland.
A team of EC-appointed observers seized the cash from a chopper, which was allegedly hired to ferry Nyemli Phom, who is contesting the Assembly polls from a constituency in Longleng district.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morgan, Moeen Boost Hosts
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish