Narendra Modi as PM will usher in a new era: Swamy
Nitish Kumar is the only leader in NDA who is not favouring Modi at this point of time.
New York: The appointment of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as chairman of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will ensure the victory of NDA in the 2014 General Elections ushering in a new era, Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy has said.
He said the choice was a happy development for the nation and was welcomed by all sections of the community in India and abroad.
"Modi is an experienced politician and had conducted three elections in Gujarat state winning all of them. He has an unblemished track record in Indian politics and has proved to be an able administrator," Swamy said on the sidelines of a function in Long Island near here.
The decision has sent shock waves in the Congress camp and its senior leaders are spending sleepless nights as Modi could ensure a clean sweep for BJP in the ensuing elections, he said.
When asked about the dissension within the NDA, he said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is the only leader who is not favouring Modi at this point of time. Also Kumar is also not clear now and he may back Modi nearer to the election date. Out of seven members of NDA, six support Modi, he said.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi