Narendra Modi as PM will usher in a new era: Swamy
Nitish Kumar is the only leader in NDA who is not favouring Modi at this point of time.
New York: The appointment of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as chairman of campaign committee of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will ensure the victory of NDA in the 2014 General Elections ushering in a new era, Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy has said.
He said the choice was a happy development for the nation and was welcomed by all sections of the community in India and abroad.
"Modi is an experienced politician and had conducted three elections in Gujarat state winning all of them. He has an unblemished track record in Indian politics and has proved to be an able administrator," Swamy said on the sidelines of a function in Long Island near here.
The decision has sent shock waves in the Congress camp and its senior leaders are spending sleepless nights as Modi could ensure a clean sweep for BJP in the ensuing elections, he said.
When asked about the dissension within the NDA, he said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is the only leader who is not favouring Modi at this point of time. Also Kumar is also not clear now and he may back Modi nearer to the election date. Out of seven members of NDA, six support Modi, he said.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp