Narendra Modi enquires about Lalu's health
Lalu Prasad had sustained injuries on his head and face when the windshield of his car broke and shards of glass hit him on Friday night.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday enquired about the health of former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, who was injured in a freak accident on Friday night. "Spoke to Lalu ji this morning asking him about his health after an accident yesterday. Hope he gets back to the best of the health soon," Modi tweeted.
RJD president Lalu Prasad had sustained injuries on his head and face when the windshield of his car broke and shards of glass hit him when he was going to Vaishali district on late Friday night.
After receiving treatment in a private hospital, Yadav is expected to go for a party programme later in the day. Prasad's PA said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Speaker Meira Kumar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi rang up the RJD president to enquire about his health after the accident.
Actor turned BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha also talked to him. Sinha told reporters, "He is a good friend and it's a courtesy call to enquire about his injuries. No political meaning should be attached to it."
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology