DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Narendra Modi side-steps questions on PM ambitions
"I am not a politician," Modi said, when asked about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post.
Kolkata: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday side-stepped questions on his Prime Ministerial ambitions, saying he is an "apolitical person". "I am not a politician," he said, when asked by a questioner at a programme about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post and what was his attitude about it.
"A politician may have (the desire to become Prime Minister) but I am not a politician. I am an apolitical person," he said to a round of applause from the gathering of businessmen at the Merchants Chamber of Commerce here.
Modi is widely perceived to be the Bharatiya Janata Party's Prime Ministerial face in the next Lok Sabha elections.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere