Narendra Modi side-steps questions on PM ambitions
"I am not a politician," Modi said, when asked about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post.
Kolkata: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday side-stepped questions on his Prime Ministerial ambitions, saying he is an "apolitical person". "I am not a politician," he said, when asked by a questioner at a programme about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post and what was his attitude about it.
"A politician may have (the desire to become Prime Minister) but I am not a politician. I am an apolitical person," he said to a round of applause from the gathering of businessmen at the Merchants Chamber of Commerce here.
Modi is widely perceived to be the Bharatiya Janata Party's Prime Ministerial face in the next Lok Sabha elections.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts