Narendra Modi side-steps questions on PM ambitions
"I am not a politician," Modi said, when asked about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post.
Kolkata: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday side-stepped questions on his Prime Ministerial ambitions, saying he is an "apolitical person". "I am not a politician," he said, when asked by a questioner at a programme about the desire of politicians to aim for the top political post and what was his attitude about it.
"A politician may have (the desire to become Prime Minister) but I am not a politician. I am an apolitical person," he said to a round of applause from the gathering of businessmen at the Merchants Chamber of Commerce here.
Modi is widely perceived to be the Bharatiya Janata Party's Prime Ministerial face in the next Lok Sabha elections.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"