Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
File image of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi at a farmer's house in Mau
Agra: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, who is on his Kisan Mahayatra through Uttar Pradesh, had a narrow escape at Agra on Saturday when he came in contact with a live electricity wire.
The incident happened when he was garlanding the statue of Maharaja Agrasen in the Favvara area of the Taj city.
As Gandhi bowed to garland the statue, an electricity wire, apparently used to feed the shops in the market, touched his head, forcing him to move back immediately. An SPG functionary, standing next to him, held him, fearing that he might lose balance, a witness told IANS.
As State Congress chief Raj Babbar, who was accompanying Gandhi, asked him if he was okay, Gandhi responded in jest: "Aapne to mujhe current lagwa di (You got me electrocuted)".
This is the second security breach faced by Rahul Gandhi, who is protected by the elite Special Protection Group, during his ongoing 2,500 km Kisan Mahayatra which is to go through 223 assembly constituencies in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh. Earlier, last week a young man threw a shoe at him in Sitapur. The footwear missed Gandhi narrowly but sent jitters through the security agencies.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar