Navjot Kaur Sidhu Resigns From Primary Membership of BJP
File image of Navjot Kaur Sidhu. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Chandigarh: BJP MLA from Punjab Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Saturday resigned from the primary membership of the party, days after her husband Navjot Singh Sidhu had also done so.
Her resignation was accepted by Union minister Vijay Sampla, who is also Punjab BJP president.
Kaur's resignation was expected after Sidhu, a former BJP MP, left the saffron party and floated his own "Awaaz-e-Punjab" front.
Earlier in the day, she sent her one-line resignation to the party president at Punjab BJP headquarters.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test