Navjot Kaur Sidhu Resigns From Primary Membership of BJP
File image of Navjot Kaur Sidhu. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Chandigarh: BJP MLA from Punjab Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Saturday resigned from the primary membership of the party, days after her husband Navjot Singh Sidhu had also done so.
Her resignation was accepted by Union minister Vijay Sampla, who is also Punjab BJP president.
Kaur's resignation was expected after Sidhu, a former BJP MP, left the saffron party and floated his own "Awaaz-e-Punjab" front.
Earlier in the day, she sent her one-line resignation to the party president at Punjab BJP headquarters.
Recommended For You
- David Warner Wins Australia's Top Individual Award Again
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More