Navjot Kaur Sidhu Resigns From Primary Membership of BJP
File image of Navjot Kaur Sidhu. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Chandigarh: BJP MLA from Punjab Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Saturday resigned from the primary membership of the party, days after her husband Navjot Singh Sidhu had also done so.
Her resignation was accepted by Union minister Vijay Sampla, who is also Punjab BJP president.
Kaur's resignation was expected after Sidhu, a former BJP MP, left the saffron party and floated his own "Awaaz-e-Punjab" front.
Earlier in the day, she sent her one-line resignation to the party president at Punjab BJP headquarters.
Recommended For You
- Bumrah Hits Out at Jaipur Police Ad Mocking Him
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage