Navjot Kaur Sidhu Resigns From Primary Membership of BJP
File image of Navjot Kaur Sidhu. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Chandigarh: BJP MLA from Punjab Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Saturday resigned from the primary membership of the party, days after her husband Navjot Singh Sidhu had also done so.
Her resignation was accepted by Union minister Vijay Sampla, who is also Punjab BJP president.
Kaur's resignation was expected after Sidhu, a former BJP MP, left the saffron party and floated his own "Awaaz-e-Punjab" front.
Earlier in the day, she sent her one-line resignation to the party president at Punjab BJP headquarters.
Recommended For You
- ICC Still Open to Negotiate, Offers BCCI USD 390 Million
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users