NCP chief Sharad Pawar to meet MLAs today
The NCP chief's nephew, Ajit Pawar was recently forced to resign from the post of deputy CM, after allegations of his involvement in the Maharashtra irrigation scam.
New Delhi: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar will be holding a meeting with party legislators in Mumbai on Friday. The NCP chief's nephew, Ajit Pawar was recently forced to resign from the post of deputy Chief Minister, after reports alleging his involvement in the Maharashtra irrigation scam emerged.
Sharad Pawar will also meet his daughter Supriya Sule and Ajit Pawar along with Praful Patel and some NCP leaders at Patel's house. This will be the first meeting between Sharad Pawar and Ajit since the later's resignation.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has been facing the heat over the issue as the NCP leaders accuse him of conspiracy. They have been demanding his ouster.
Sharad Pawar told the media on Thursday that the NCP had accepted Ajit's resignation and that there was no going back on that decision.
Ajit resigned on Tuesday over allegations of irregularities in 32 irrigation projects in the state.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"