DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
LS polls: NCP holds meeting to review political situation in Maharashtra
The party is looking to fight elections in 22 seats and is aiming to win at least 15 in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Mumbai: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday reviewed political situation in Maharashtra at a meeting in Mumbai to discuss preparations for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The party is looking to fight elections in 22 seats and is aiming to win at least 15 in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister RR Patil were among those who attended the meeting, held at Ajit Pawar's official residence at Malabar Hill in Mumbai on Saturday evening.
Sharad Pawar has proposed fielding senior ministers of NCP from Maharashtra for the Lok Sabha polls. NCP had contested 22 Lok Sabha seats out of the 48 in the state in 2009. NCP spokesman said Pawar took stock of the situation in these constituencies. The meeting reviewed the local political scenarios, he added. NCP is a part of UPA at the Centre, as well as of ruling Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra.
Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were also present at the meeting.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?