NDA established rule of law in Bihar with great difficulty: Nitish
The NDA government headed by Nitish Kumar had assumed power in November 2005 ending 15-year rule of RJD of Lalu Prasad.
Patna: The NDA government in Bihar has established rule of law with great difficulty with the help of police and judiciary and it would make all efforts to maintain an environment of peace prevailing in the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
"Fear has vanished from the minds of people today. Before 2005 people were afraid of criminals but now criminals are afraid of law," Kumar said in his inaugural speech to mark Bihar Police Week.
The NDA government headed by Kumar had assumed power in November 2005 ending 15-year rule of RJD of Lalu Prasad. In the past seven years, more than 79,000 criminals have been given punishment through speedy trial, the CM said, adding the rule of law has been established "with a great difficulty."
Kumar said that ratio of police personnel was not increasing commensurate with the ratio of growth in population. There should be 125 policemen for every one lakh of population but this is not the case in Bihar, he said.
"Concrete steps have been taken in this direction now," the CM said. National Police Science conference will be held in Patna on February 27. Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will inaugurate the meet, he said.
The Bihar Chief Minister said, "Nature of crime has changed nowadays, hence, police personnel have to adapt themselves in that mould." He said the state government was making efforts to provide necessary training, orientation and provide them with latest arms and ammunition.
Considering importance of new technology in solving crimes, the Bihar government has modernised Forensic Laboratory and provided adequate manpower, Kumar said. Director General of Police Abhyanand said different sports events are being organised for the men in khaki during the police week.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh