'NDA parties must be consulted before naming PM candidate'
"Let them (BJP) propose the name and we will consider after that," Sena leader Rahul Narvekar said.
Mumbai: National Democratic Alliance partner Shiv Sena said on Sunday it is not averse to any name being projected as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, as long as all alliance partners are consulted before announcing it. The Sena's statement comes immediately after a veiled threat by Janata Dal (United) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar against projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate.
"All parties in the NDA should be consulted about NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate. The candidate will not be from any individual party, but of the NDA as a whole," Sena leader Rahul Narvekar said. He said the NDA is united and will fight together. "The NDA should declare its prime ministerial candidate. All NDA alliance partners should be consulted," he said. "Let them (BJP) propose the name and we will consider after that."
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)