PM should be 'secular': JD(U) after BJP reinducts Modi in Board
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was reinducted into the BJP Parliamentary Board and as speculated, after a gap of six years.
New Delhi: Sticking to its stand on NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, Janata Dal (United) leader Neeraj Kumar said the country's Prime Minister should have 'secular credentials'.
"The people will judge whoever has been named and there is consensus behind. It is our stand that the country's PM should have secular credentials. No, none has yet been named for that post," Kumar said.
The comment comes after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was reinducted into the BJP Parliamentary Board, after a gap of six years. Modi is the only serving Chief Minister to be included in the Parliamentary Board by BJP President Rajnath Singh, who announced his new 76-member team on Sunday to steer the party into the next general elections.
Modi, who has been projected by a section within BJP as the party's Prime Ministerial candidate, has also been included in BJP's Central Election Committee, headed by Singh.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny