Cong to act against Netam for backing Sangma
Arvind Netam is the chief of Tribal Forum of India which is backing Sangma in the presidential election.
New Delhi: Congress leader Arvind Netam from Chhattisgarh is in trouble for supporting Bharatiya Janata Party-sponsored presidential candidate PA Sangma. The Congress leadership has decided to take action against Netam, who was present with Sangma when the leader from the North-East filed his nomination for the presidential election in Parliament on Thursday.
Netam, who is the chief of Tribal Forum of India which is backing Sangma in the presidential election, has been issued a show cause notice for being present at Sangma's nomination. He is a senior tribal leader and a former Union minister.
Sangma has been projecting himself as a representative of the tribal community and is supported by the BJP, Shiromani Akali Dal, Biju Janata Dal, AIADMK and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha.
He is pitted against Congress-led UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee for the post of the president.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance