DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ninety nominations filed in Puducherry
A total of 90 papers were filed on Thursday bringing the total to 108 since the poll process was set in motion.
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V Vaithilingam and four of his ministerial colleagues filed their nominations for the April 13 assembly polls on Thursday.
A total of 90 nominations were filed bringing the total to 108 since March 19 when the poll process was set in motion, election office sources said.
Besides Vaithilingam who filed his papers from Kamaraj Nagar, notable candidates who filed the papers were Speaker R Radhakrishnan (from Bahoor), Public Health Minister A Namassivayam (Villianoor), Welfare Minister M Kandaswamy (Embalom reserved), PWD Minister, M O H F Shahjahan (Kalapet) and Revenue and Tourism Malladi Krishna Rao (Yanam, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh).
Home and Health Minister E Valsaraj said he would file his papers on Friday from Mahe, an enclave of Puducherry in Kerala, seeking election for the sixth term in a row since 1990.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach