Nitish adopting double standard on rape cases: Paswan
The NDA government has failed to control heinous crimes like rape within the state, Ramvilas Paswan said.
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan, who set off for his 'Bihar bachao' campaign on Saturday, charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with adopting double standard on rape incidents. "The chief minister expresses concern over incidents of rape outside the state and advocates for stringent laws to deal with perpetrators of such crimes. But he choose to gloss over similar cases taking place within Bihar," Paswan told a gathering here before leaving for his campaign.
"The NDA government has failed to control heinous crimes like rape within the state," he said. A total of 823 rape cases have been lodged across the state from January to October last year, Paswan said. Paswan, who had earlier claimed that on an average three cases of rape was taking place in Bihar daily, had written a letter to the Prime Minister requesting him to issue necessary instruction to JD(U)-BJP government in this regard.
On the first day of the campaign, Paswan reached Begusarai enroute Hajipur and Samastipur and addressed a rally at Manjhauli.
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn