Nitish adopting double standard on rape cases: Paswan
The NDA government has failed to control heinous crimes like rape within the state, Ramvilas Paswan said.
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan, who set off for his 'Bihar bachao' campaign on Saturday, charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with adopting double standard on rape incidents. "The chief minister expresses concern over incidents of rape outside the state and advocates for stringent laws to deal with perpetrators of such crimes. But he choose to gloss over similar cases taking place within Bihar," Paswan told a gathering here before leaving for his campaign.
"The NDA government has failed to control heinous crimes like rape within the state," he said. A total of 823 rape cases have been lodged across the state from January to October last year, Paswan said. Paswan, who had earlier claimed that on an average three cases of rape was taking place in Bihar daily, had written a letter to the Prime Minister requesting him to issue necessary instruction to JD(U)-BJP government in this regard.
On the first day of the campaign, Paswan reached Begusarai enroute Hajipur and Samastipur and addressed a rally at Manjhauli.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly