DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nitish anxious about outcome of Guj polls: Paswan
The LJP chief said that Modi's victory would also put Nitish in a fix on the issue of reviewing his party's alliance with the BJP.
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appears anxious about the outcome of Gujarat Assembly elections as it was likely to have a bearing on the JD(U) leader's political future, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said. "Nitish must be praying that Modi should not do well in the Gujarat assembly polls.... If Modi wins handsomely, his prime ministerial ambition will get wings and that will put his Bihar counterpart in obvious discomfiture," Paswan said.
The LJP chief said that Modi's victory would also put Nitish in a fix on the issue of reviewing his party's alliance with the BJP. A thumping victory for Modi will definitely have an impact on the political situation in Bihar, which the JD(U) and the BJP have ruled together for the past seven years, he said.
Nitish had in an interview asked BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate for greater acceptability in the masses. Without taking the name of Modi, the Chief Minister had also threatened to review alliance with BJP if it projected him as the prime ministerial candidate.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar