Nitish Asks Modi to Ban Alcohol Across Country
Yoga would be meaningless unless a ban was imposed on sale of liquor across the country: Nitish Kumar
File photo of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to impose prohibition across the country as those addicted to alcohol cannot perform yoga which requires concentration.
Addressing a meeting on Sunday, Kumar said Yoga was a natural treatment process but liquor addicts cannot perform it.
Yoga would be meaningless unless a ban was imposed on sale of liquor across the country, he said.
Kumar said he was doing yoga for several years but never publicised it.
He said Prime Minister Narendra Modi had continued with the ban on liquor in Gujarat after becoming Chief Minister.
Maintaining that in a democratic system, welfare of the society should be accorded priority over trade and business, Kumar said his government decided to forego Rs 5,000 crore revenue from sale of liquor by imposing prohibition.
Kumar said additional revenue can be generated by creating a conducing atmosphere for promoting trade, business and industry.
He said there should not be any liquor shop within 3.2 km radius of the borders of a state where prohibition is in force.
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka vs India 2017: Virat Kohli and Co. Arrive in Style for 1st ODI
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Catches Fire Again; User Injured in AP: Report
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S Launched in India at Rs 9.39 Lakh
- Industry Experts to Discuss Impact of Demonetisation, GST, RERA at Global Indian Realty Summit
- Priyanka Chopra Trolled For Sporting A Tricolour Scarf On Independence Day