Nitish Kumar a 'puppet' in Advani's hands, says RJD
Krishna claimed that there was no difference between Modi and Advani as one was responsible for the Godhra aftermath, other for the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
New Delhi: RJD, arch rival of JD(U) in Bihar, on Tuesday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of being a "puppet" in the hands of LK Advani and playing the politics of misleading the Muslims. "In the internal quarrels in the top leadership of BJP on the leadership issue, Nitish is a puppet in the hands of Advani....," RJD General Secretary Vijay Krishna said, adding "only communal can protect the communal".
"How can anyone in the company of those associated with the Sangh Parivar not communal?", he said alleging that Bihar Chief Minister was resorting to politics of misleading the Muslims. A friend-turned-foe of Nitish, Krishna dismissed suggestions that the Bihar Chief Minister's targeting Narendra Modi was aimed at upholding the principles of secularism. On the other hand, he held Nitish responsible for the revival of the BJP in the North. Krishna, who is the chief spokesman of RJD, wondered as to why Nitish Kumar had not gone for on-the spot inspection of the site at Godhra in 2002 despite being the Railway Minister at that time.
"While Ram Vilas Paswan had sometime after the incident had resigned as the Union Minister, why has Kumar suddendly remembered the issue of secularism now?", he asked. The RJD leader claimed that there was "no difference" between Modi and Advani as one was "responsible" for the Godhra aftermath, other for the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign