Nitish Kumar beats Narendra Modi in 'pichkari' battle
Pichkaris (colour sprinklers) with pictures of Bollywood stars are also selling more than those with cricketers.
Patna: It is a contest between Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi - and the former is ahead. "Pichkaris (colour sprinklers)" with pictures of the two leaders are doing brisk business in the markets here ahead of Holi.
Pichkaris bearing the photos of the two are more popular than those with Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and former chief minister Lalu Prasad. "Demand for pichkaris with pictures of Nitish is high among girls, youth and children," shopkeeper Maheshwar Singh said on the eve of Holi, the festival of colours.
Pichkaris with pictures of Bollywood stars are also selling more than those with cricketers, who remained a favourite with youth in the past. "Unlike last year, this time pichkaris have come with pictures of Nitish Kumar and Narendra Modi. In fact, pichkaris with Modi's pictures is a new thing but have a good demand. Pichkaris named after cricketers and Bollywood stars were common earlier," vendor Mohammad Aftab told reporters.
Upbeat over the high demands for Nitish Kumar pichkaris, leaders of his Janata Dal-United said their stand was vindicated. "Nitish Kumar is more popular than Narendra Modi. It was again reflected in the pichkaris market," said party leader Sanjay Singh.
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution