Nitish likely to support Ansari as Vice President
A party leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Hamid Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar is likely to back Hamid Ansari for a second term as the Vice President if the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) declares his candidature, party leaders in Patna said.
The JD(U), which is supporting the UPA's presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, is believed to be in favour of Ansari too.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is in favour of supporting Hamid Ansari if the UPA declares his candidature for the upcoming vice presidential polls," said a senior JD-U leader, considered close to Nitish Kumar.
Another leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right