DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nitish likely to support Ansari as Vice President
A party leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Hamid Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar is likely to back Hamid Ansari for a second term as the Vice President if the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) declares his candidature, party leaders in Patna said.
The JD(U), which is supporting the UPA's presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, is believed to be in favour of Ansari too.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is in favour of supporting Hamid Ansari if the UPA declares his candidature for the upcoming vice presidential polls," said a senior JD-U leader, considered close to Nitish Kumar.
Another leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835