Nitish likely to support Ansari as Vice President
A party leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Hamid Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Nitish Kumar is likely to back Hamid Ansari for a second term as the Vice President if the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) declares his candidature, party leaders in Patna said.
The JD(U), which is supporting the UPA's presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, is believed to be in favour of Ansari too.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is in favour of supporting Hamid Ansari if the UPA declares his candidature for the upcoming vice presidential polls," said a senior JD-U leader, considered close to Nitish Kumar.
Another leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Ansari was the best option for the JD(U)'s support.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pakistan's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani