Nitish must resign if NDA breaks up: BJP
BJP minister Chandra Mohan Rai said the Bihar CM must resign as the people of the state gave the mandate to the NDA in 2010.
Patna: In a further souring of ties, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday told chief minister Nitish Kumar to quit and seek a fresh mandate if Bihar's ruling coalition splits.
BJP leader and minister Chandra Mohan Rai told the media: "Nitish Kumar should resign as chief minister because people of the state gave the mandate to the NDA in 2010."
Rai said Nitish Kumar should not continue as chief minister if his Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and BJP parted ways in the state amid ongoing tensions.
Another BJP leader and MP Hukumdeo Narain Yadav too made the same demand. "Nitish Kumar should resign and go for fresh elections (if the alliance breaks)."
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Held 1-1 by South Korea