No Birthday Bash for Mulayam Due to Pain Over Demonetisation: Mayawati
File photo of BSP supremo Mayawati (Photo: PTI)
BSP supremo Mayawati on Wednesday claimed that Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav did not celebrate his birthday this year “not out of any sympathy for the train tragedy” but because of “pain over demonetisation”.
“Had the Samajwadi Party chief and his party been this sensitive and concerned over the issues related to common people, why would they have organised Saifai mahotsav after the Muzaffarnagar communal riots,” Mayawati asked.
“The birthday of ‘netaji’ (Mulayam) used to be celebrated every year with simplicity. But this year the party has decided not to celebrate it due to the tragic train accident,” Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said on Tuesday.
Mulayam, was born on November 22, 1939 in Saifai village in Etawah district of Uttar Pradesh. The party generally celebrates Mulayam’s birthday with great pomp and show.
Last year’s celebrations involved a live concert by A R Rahman, while Bollywood personalties like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan and business tycoons also attended the event. Mayawati also condemned the incident of lathi charge by police on people queuing up outside banks in Fatehpur.
Recommended For You
- Meri Pyaari Bindu: Parineeti Chopra's Debut Song Will Leave You Mesmerised
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Half Girlfriend First Look: Arjun Kapoor- Shraddha Kapoor are Drenched in Love
- Taapsee Pannu's New Video Teaches a Very Important Lesson to All Women
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?