No case filed against Bihar MLA's gun-toting husband
The SIT has filed an FIR against 75 named and 600 unknown people in connection with the violent protests during 'Adhikar Yatra'.
Khagaria: Ranvir Yadav, who was captured on video cameras snatching an automatic weapon from police and firing in the air to disperse protesters near Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's public meeting at Khagaria town, has no case lodged against him, district police superintendent said on Saturday.
"No one has filed case with police against Yadav for terrorising anybody by branding a weapon on Thursday and so the question of giving him a clean chit does not arise," Khagaria superintendent of police Mithu Prasad said.
Yadav, who is the husband of JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, and his supporters were also caught on camera beating up the protesters, comprising contractual teachers to the clear way for Kumar to proceed towards the venue of the public meeting as part of his 'Adhikar Yatra' to mobilise support for his demand of special status to the state.
Yadav's alleged 'brazen act of intimidation' was roundly condemned by the opposition parties even as the ruling JD(U) defended him for committing a lighter crime than the large-scale violence and arson by the protesters.
Bihar government has constituted a SIT to probe incidents of violence and arson in Khagaria even as the arrests in connection with it rose to 37. Raids are on to nab other accused, the police said.
The police had on Friday lodged FIRs against 673 protesters, including 600 unidentified ones for their alleged involvement in the violence on that day.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2