No competition within BJP for PM's post: Advani
LK Advani predicted early Lok Sabha elections and said Congress would not make any gains in the coming assembly polls in five states.
Ahmedabad: Amid growing clamour in BJP to name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, veteran BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday said there was no competition in the party for the top post. "There is no competition for the post of Prime Minister within the party," Advani told reporters in the state capital Gandhinagar when asked about competition in the party for PM's post.
Advani, who came to attend a meeting of District Rural Development Agency in Ahmedabad, also predicted early Lok Sabha elections. "The Lok Sabha elections may be held in 2013," he said, adding Congress would not make any gains in the coming assembly polls in five states.
About the composition of the party's new parliamentary board and speculation as to who would be included in the new team to be announced by the party chief Rajnath Singh, he said "the party president will take into account various factors". The Gandhinagar MP also met Narendra Modi and discussed various issues, an official release by the state government said.
It is believed that Modi and his close aide Amit Shah would be given wider national roles in the new set-up. Shah is an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, the trial of which is going on in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) president Mohan Bhagwat and former Union Minister Murli Manohar Joshi were also in the city today to attend a national seminar organised by state unit of Bharatiya Vichar Manch to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview