DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No Lal Battis From May 1, Modi Cracks Down on VIP Culture
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Wednesday decided that the red beacon light will be removed from all vehicles, including that of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The move, which starts from May 1 is seen as a crackdown on the VIP culture.
Gadkari is the first minister to remove the beacon from his official vehicle.
The minister said "this government is a government of common masses and has decided to abolish VIP culture of beacon lights and sirens".
“No dignitary, state or central, will use red light. There will be no exceptions,” he said.
The notification in this regard will be issued soon, he said, adding that the decision is a democratic one.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong