No need for no-trust motion against UPA government: BJP
BJP chief Rajnath Singh said the no-confidence motion was not required as the govt would "fall on its own".
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday said there was no need for his party to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA government, saying it will fall on its own.
"There is no need to bring a no-confidence motion. This government will fall on its own as UPA allies are withdrawing their support one by one," Singh told reporters.
Singh earlier participated at the farmers' protest at Jantar Mantar where he assured the farmers that their demands, including bringing in crop insurance, would be met once BJP came to power.
The BJP chief alleged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did not even bother to enquire why farmers were protesting in the national capital for the past three days. He said farmers were the biggest strength of the nation and no government should challenge it. He said India cannot progress fast unless farmers progressed.
Singh said India should strive to become the farming capital of the world.
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18