DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nothing less than Telangana state acceptable to us: TRS
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Tuesday said in Delhi that discussions were going on at the highest level on the statehood issue.
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday asserted that his party would only accept formation of separate Telangana as a solution to the long-pending statehood issue in Andhra Pradesh. "No other proposal would be acceptable to us. Telangana people would reject any other proposal," he said in Hyderabad.
His reaction came amid reports that the Centre would soon come up with a solution to the contentious Telangana issue. Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Tuesday said in Delhi that discussions were going on at the highest level on the statehood issue. The TRS President expressed hope that his party would emerge as a major political force after the 2014 Assembly and general elections in the Congress-ruled state.
He was speaking after former Congress leader K Keshav Rao, who joined TRS over a fortnight ago, took over as Secretary General of the sub-regional party here. Keshav Rao would also head the national affairs coordination committee of TRS, the party chief said.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City