Now we have a corrupt President, says Team Anna
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal has said that they will release proof of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee on July 25.
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday claimed they have "proof" of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee and it would be made public on July 25 when they launch an indefinite fast coinciding with his swearing-in as the President.
"The Prime Minister is corrupt, now we have a corrupt President as well. We will release proof of corruption against Pranab Mukherjee on July 25 during our fast," Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal was speaking at a rally in New Delhi to drum up support for Team Anna's indefinite fast in the national capital from Wednesday, saying they are ready for a "fight to finish" and will not be satisfied with mere assurances.
Led by Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan, the car and bike rally began from Rajghat and reached Jantar Mantar where they spoke against the UPA government for its alleged inaction in tackling corruption.
"We are ready for fight to finish. This time around we are not going to give up our fast on mere assurances. We will end our agitation only after we get solutions to our demand.
"We don't trust the government anymore. Either we'll get solutions or our bodies will be lifted from here," Kejriwal told the protesters.
Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai will sit on an indefinite fast in the presence of Anna Hazare from Wednesday demanding setting up of a special panel to probe corruption allegations against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Cabinet colleagues.
Kejriwal said he has been issued a notice from a district and sessions court in Bulandshahr to appear before it on July 26 for his remarks against MPs.
"The fast will start on the 25th, but I will go to Bulandshahr on July 26. I am going to tell the court that whatever we have said is the truth and nothing else. We are not going to apologise. We haven't said anything wrong. If tainted people are sitting in Parliament we'll definitely say that these people should be removed," he said.
- India Conducted Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Caused Heavy Casualties: DGMO
- India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Heavy Casualties Inflicted: DGMO
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- PM To Review Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation Status Today
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan