NSUI worker set on fire by Bajrang Dal men, dies
The NSUI worker had a fight with with a Bajrang Dal activist on the issue of shortage of teaching staff in government colleges.
Betul: An activist of Congress' student wing, who was allegedly set on fire by Bajrang Dal workers in Shahpur teshil last week, succumbed to his injuries at Padhar Hospital in Betul.
According to the police, the victim, an NSUI worker identified as Rahul Joshi, died late on Monday night.
Police said that the victim had a fight with saffron workers over submitting a memorandum to an official on the issue of shortage of teaching staff in government colleges, following which, he was set ablaze by them on August 31 in Shahpur teshil of Betul district.
Rahul, who suffered nearly 35 per cent burn injuries succumbed to his injuries, police said adding that his last rites were performed on Tuesday, with heavy police force in place.
District Collector B Chandra Shekhar and SP Lalit Shakyawar were also present in Shahpur to keep an eye on the situation, as NSUI workers have forced the colleges in the town to remain shut in protest.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw