DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NSUI worker set on fire by Bajrang Dal men, dies
The NSUI worker had a fight with with a Bajrang Dal activist on the issue of shortage of teaching staff in government colleges.
Betul: An activist of Congress' student wing, who was allegedly set on fire by Bajrang Dal workers in Shahpur teshil last week, succumbed to his injuries at Padhar Hospital in Betul.
According to the police, the victim, an NSUI worker identified as Rahul Joshi, died late on Monday night.
Police said that the victim had a fight with saffron workers over submitting a memorandum to an official on the issue of shortage of teaching staff in government colleges, following which, he was set ablaze by them on August 31 in Shahpur teshil of Betul district.
Rahul, who suffered nearly 35 per cent burn injuries succumbed to his injuries, police said adding that his last rites were performed on Tuesday, with heavy police force in place.
District Collector B Chandra Shekhar and SP Lalit Shakyawar were also present in Shahpur to keep an eye on the situation, as NSUI workers have forced the colleges in the town to remain shut in protest.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users