Odisha: Assembly adjourned again over Mohanty issue
Protests were held outside chief minister Naveen Patnaik's residence too, leading to lathicharge by the police.
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Assembly was adjourned for the second day on Tuesday over demands for the arrest of former law minister Raghunath Mohanty. Mohanty and his family members are facing charges of dowry torture of his daughter-in-law.
His son was arrested a few days back. But the former minister has not been seen in public since he resigned 10 days ago.
The State Human Rights Protection Cell says it has been unable to trace the former minister. Protests were held outside chief minister Naveen Patnaik's residence too, leading to lathicharge by the police.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets