Odisha: Ex-minister threatens self immolation
Former minister Bhupal Chandra Mahapatra had threatened self immolation before the Balasore district collector's office.
Balasore: A former Odisha minister was taken into preventive custody on Thursday for threatening self immolation on the demand for establishment of a government medical college, police sources said.
According to sources, the former minister, Bhupal Chandra Mahapatra, had threatened self immolation before the Balasore district collector's office.
Mahapatra was a minister of state for forest and environment and later labour & employment between 1985 and 1990 during Congress rule.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw